Store/fix extension ladder in garage

I'd like to suspend my (alumin.) extension ladder from the wooden beams in the garage. I can cobble together any number of Heath Rob. brackets, bits of string etc etc to do this, but just wondered if anyone has some clever solution of how to fix it and yet make it easily removable? I'd like it to stay with the rungs horizontal as am very pushed for space in there. tia

Reply to
Parttime

If the beams go across the width of the garage how about making up a sort of framework either in wood or metal below one of the beams that you could slide the ladder in to ( like in A but imagine the bottom part up against the beam)and then you would need another way of fixing the other end ...perhaps a piece of timber that would fit between the rungs and could be swivelled at right angles to hold that end of the ladder ( like in B if you can imagine the top line being the beam and the bottom bit the part that swivels ). Stuart

A------------------------------------------------------ I.............................I

B..................................................... ..........II..........

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

solution of how

One end is supported by a loop of Bungie cord slung between 2 screw-in eyes in the ceiling.

t'other end is held by a piece of nylon rope that starts at a screw-in eye in the ceiling, loops down around the ladder, back up through the eye and then down to a wall mounted cleat.

Position the head of the ladder through the elastic, loop the rope around the other end and pull on the rope - the ladder lifts and holds snug against the joist that runs across the garage.

It works for me.

Reply to
OG

Well all MINE has is a pair of 8" nails whacked into a wooden beam over the pair of doors, and there is JUST space for it to stand about an inch off the ground against the bit of wall between the doors..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher