Storage heaters

I have tripped the power on one of my storage heaters and cannot find a switch to reset it ..
Do anyone have any idea where this might be?
Droo
Droo wrote:

It may be inside and reset automatically when the whole heater as cooled right down. If you problem happened more than a day ago then it will be a power off and dismantle job. The sensor could well be near the element eg inside the firebricks.
The last one I had this problem with the reset button was near thr control input switch .I had to remove the top cover to reset only two screws as I remember
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:01:25 -0000, Droo wrote:

Need more information about what "tripped the power" really means and what you where doing to trip it.
Storage heaters are normally wired on spurs from a second consumer unit that is fed via the time switch such that it is only live during the "off peak" period. Ones with blowers will have another permenatly live supply possibly from the ring main or a dedicated circuit for the heater blowers. This will be in the main CU.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail
Droo wrote:

No ideas on this one, but I could tell you how to adjust your computer clock - you seem to be about a day ahead of the rest of us.
:-)
Terry D.

Tony

Terry
you do not give any details such as make or model. Consequently the action to be taken is not certain. As stated by other posters when the unit has cooled you may need to distamnatle the unit. Some older units such as Creda had a thermal cur out which was on the top right hand side when the cove is removed. I have had to replace these from time to time Let us know how you get on - more information is useful.
Actually on another point it would be useful if there was a site which gave models and typical faults. Such data use top exist in the Radio & TV world (and may still be around in this electronic age)