Storage heater blowing fuse?

Hi

Got a 3Kw storage heater which has now blown two 13A fuses in 24 hours (so its now turned off).

Any ideas? Suppliers aren't open until Monday and its getting cold!

Reply to
TonyK

Check the cable where it connects into the FCU - if a terminal has worked loose it could cause the fuse to blow. Buy a cheap fanheater from Argos :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

what make of storage heater is it? most makes are either 2.55kw or 3.4kw for the larger sizes, a storage heater should be wired on a radial circuit protected by a

15amp or 16amp mcb does not need or require a fcu at heater a 20amp dp switch is normally fitted at storage heater.
Reply to
mitchd

In that case substitute "whatever wall-box the cable comes out of" for FCU. :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

my main point is that it should not have a 13amp fuse in the circuit a

3.4kw heater is "on the limit" at 13amp
Reply to
mitchd

I knew that (yeah, right). :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

CAUTION:- Some storage heaters have two supplies, one 24HR for convector topup and and can be connected via a FCU the other will be a night only circuit. Which type do we have here?

Reply to
James Salisbury