Stopping Slipping In Shower

Standing in the shower on a newish bath which has none of the patterned part on the bottom of the bath to stop you slipping can be a tricky experience .

I did try one of them bath mats with suckers on and it was OK but over a period it go "mildewed" so I flung it in the bin . I suppose hanging it up after each use would have helped but that's a pita.

Is there an ideal solution to this problem?

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Wear flip flops?

Reply to
Adrian C

Never thought of that but would they not be unkind to the bath surface?.

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Flippy's are made of rubber? what was the mat with suckers made of?

Reply to
George

If not worn elsewere, no.

Also, try flip flops that catch the back of your heal and not the ones that you hold just by your toes (and drop off). Call them 'shower shoes' if someone asks what those funny things are that have been left out to dry.

Actually, google "shower shoes"

or here for some dandy ones ...

Reply to
Adrian C

Jeff Layman

But it was fixed in position . Am I supposed to wear flip-flops and never move ? :-)

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

What do you call a Frenchman wearing flip flops?

Phillipe Phillop.

I'll get my coat....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Many years ago, we had a shower that was positioned over the taps. I got so brassed off with the performance from the head of water, I bought a power shower and mounted it on the wall at the other end of the bath taps. This was great as the flow of water took away all the soap from under your feet.

Come the time when we had a new bathroom fitted, the plumber asked the wife if she wanted the bath turning by 180 degrees. This caused 2 problems. The soap was not washed away from the feet and the slow drop from the waste pipe was not fast enough to keep the waste pipe clean, so resulting in smells.

Just my input.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

180deg is dangerously hot for a bath ;-)
Reply to
Graham.

I was going to say ..What good is an upside down bath ?

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

It was in a horizontal rotation. :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Errr....I had managed to work that out for myself .:-)

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

I've just fitted a set of these to my bath - absolutely brilliant. Only been on a couple of weeks, so I've no idea how they'll fare in terms of cleanliness - but they look and feel hardy enough to withstand cleaning. The stand barely a millimetre proud of the surface.

They come with a paper template - you'd be well advised to punch a hole in the marked centre of the circles before you lay the template down to mark out the position of the discs - and use a felt-tip pen to make the marks ( you'll understand when/if you buy the kit ).

The grip they give is excellent, far better than any bath mat I've ever used.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard