Stolen goods

Just had a visit from the smash'n'grab brigade :-(

If you, or anybody you know, should get offered any of the following, could you please let either me know, or Essex Police on 01206 762212, crime ref 0001/4th Jan:

Grey Tool box, BT logo on lid, various screwdrivers, cutters, small tools etc (don't hold out much hope for this one...)

110v site transformer, Yellow, 3kW. Label on side from Tiptree Hire Centre, and serial number painted on of C616

Bosch Wall Chaser, 110v, batterred grey metal case with serial number WC01 and Tiptree Hire Centre sticker as before.

Robin KTS1610 tester, unfortunately no distinguishing marks, other than canvas case a bit scuffed. Calibration certificate (with serial no :-( ) inside.

Fortunately, my 8 year old looked out of the window and saw them, which scared them off before they could grab anything else. It's a white Transit, with two blokes, one wearing a blue jacket with a yellow stripe.

I know it's a long shot, but it might just work!

Thanks

Gary

Reply to
Gary Cavie

Ouch !!! It hurts. Didn't you have an alarm on the vehicle? Sorry to rub it in, but don't leave the van un-attended without the alarm set.

Eyes are peeled for anything you mention here though, but a look through the local pubs on the night it happened might have been a better idea.

We had some quite expensive garden things taken some years ago, and I caught the bastards in the pub two streets away trying to sell them on. They got a fright when I turned up with two police vans full of cops to have them give the gnomes back to me. Handy things mobile phones.

I think I can safely bet that you won't let it happen again.

Reply to
BigWallop

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:47:00 GMT, "BigWallop" strung together this:

I kind of got the idea it happened within the last couple of hours. What usually happens is that the stuff is all lobbed in a big van and taken up the M1 somewhere and swapped for dodgy northern gear that's sold down in Essex. .

Lucky, I've never recovered anything I've ever had nicked.

There's no 'let' about it, it happens.

Reply to
Lurch

I see it now Lurch. The crime number is on the 4th, and this is now the 4th, of course. It's jet lag. I haven't travelled from 2004 time yet. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Yep, it happened around midnight, and it definitely won't be happening again. Am now off to investigate security grilles for the rear window. The van didn't have an alarm (note the "didn't" - it will have in the next couple of hours).

The most annoying thing is, the copper who came round said that they had just been to see someone else who had caught the two scum in question making a beeline for his van and challenged them. They drove off, turned around at the top of the road and came back past him, but he didn't get their registration!!

Ah well, we live and learn. At least they didn't take the crowbar...

Reply to
Gary Cavie

You wanted gnomes back?

I thought you might have offered the "removers" something for taking them off your hands :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

I have, and frankly I would rather have not.

Since the insurance refused to pay out for the recovered items,and the police wanted them for evidence for 18 months.

Mind you I did get 3/4 of a car back once, and it was eventually repaired.

Always.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher