Still grappling with fluorescent light fittings

GB wrote in news:mfj6qa$kq5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

/4/lfiprod_ge1_jun13.jpg

Reply to
DerbyBorn

GB wrote in news:mfj6qa$kq5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

DerbyBorn

Yes, and so successful that people still believe it. In fact it was radar not carrot juice that let our pilots see in the dark.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

I fitted one of these in my mothers new kitchen. She was very anti-fluorescent at first as she was remembering fittings from years ago but she instantly approved of this one.

Instant light and it's like an operating theatre. Bright, no shadows etc. Not cheap but well worth it. They do it a smaller version and other options.

Peter.

Reply to
PAJ

violates some very basic rules of good design, primarily bare tubes

NT

Reply to
meow2222

En el artículo , PAJ escribió:

1) Yuck. 2) HOW much?! 3) Yuck.
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I had seen that design before, and quite like it. It's a tad cheaper at QVS

I was put off because I thought it might need an awful lot of cleaning. It's still on the "maybe" list, though.

Reply to
GB

bare tubes cause glare

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Also my cousin caused a massive shower of fine glass coated with phosphor and traces of mercury all over six people once when she (clumsily) opened a bottle of champagne without knowing there was a couple of uncovered tubes above them.

Reply to
~misfit~