sticky-back plastic

Hi all Does sticky-back plastic still exist? If so where can I get it?

TIA Suzanne

Reply to
Suz

Saw some the other day in Wilkinsons.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

Local branch of Staples? If they don't have it in stock, they will often order it for you.

Reply to
Grunthos

That could be Fablon you're after. Rolls of self-adhesive plastic with decorative finishes. It's still sold in Woolies and diy shops.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

In message , Suz writes

Yes, I bought some clear stuff from W H Smith yesterday. Have seen the coloured type (Fablon) in Homebase, I think, or possibly Do It All.

Reply to
Graeme

Phone Blue peter and ask them.

!!

Reply to
PJO

Cheeky dog. Now where's that one I made earlier.....

Reply to
Suz

Hurrah! Have Woolwies. Must have a gander in the nearest big W. Thanks for the name Fablon too - will make googling easier.

Reply to
Suz

Don't have a Staples in Belfast. What type of shop is it?

Reply to
Suz

Hurrah again! The biggest Homebase ever just opened last week, and just a mile down the road .

Was in WHSmith today but it was wee and didn't spot any.

Reply to
Suz

Gracias amigos, Dank u wel, Go raibh maith agaibh, Asanteni. Thanks for all the help. Suzanne.

Reply to
Suz

Don't have a Wilkinsons in Belfast. What type of shop is it?

Reply to
Suz

In message , Suz wrote

Reply to
Alan

In message , Suz wrote

Probably twice the price of Woolworth/Wilkinson/Staples.

See

and

for the range and prices from Focus/Wikes DIY sheds.

Reply to
Alan

National chain selling cheap stuff from paint to clothes pegs to dog food to just about anything. I use them mainly for 13A plugs, they're cheaper than the DIY stores, and kitchen ware.

Reply to
James Hart

In message , Suz wrote

Reply to
Alan

"Suz" wrote | Hurrah again! The biggest Homebase ever just opened last week, and | just a mile down the road .

How many independent hardware / tool / paint / whatever shops will that kill off?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

None, unless they drop their prices to merely statospheric. I can't buy anything from Focus or Homebase without feeling physically sick at the prices I am having to pay.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You're having us on, aren't you!