Sticks Like Sh*t

Had a tube of Sticks Like Sh*t in the kitchen today whilst boxing in some pipes.

Granddaughter thought it was hysterically funny - as you do when you are

8 years old :-)

Since shes not allowed to say the word sh*t she re named it 'Poo Glue'!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I bought a tube of this from my local Screwfix counter last week, as part of an order. To my surprise, the assistant (male, burly, thirtyish) couldn't bring himself to say the name. Checking off my list, he came to "Sticks like - well, you know"...

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Without thinking, we sometimes get 2 beers on the bar that some customers will not ask for by name...

The dogs bollocks and Sheep shagger.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

To be fair to the guy from Screwfix - and this has only just occurred to me - the stuff isn't actually called "Sticks Like Shit", is it? So it was unreasonable of me to laugh at the fact that he didn't say that.

Mind you, just how do you pronounce "Sh*t"?

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

shasteriskt?

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I can't believe that a manufacturer has actually brought out a product named like this! I thought the Handyman was planning an early April Fool when I first read it, but then I did a quick Google and lo and behold, the stuff exists!

Astonishing.

MM

Reply to
MM

Sierra Hotel Star Tango - shall we dance the night away, sir?

MM

Reply to
MM

In message , MM wrote

The manufacturers have achieved everything they wanted. The next time you want to buy a glue that name will be already stuck in your head.

Reply to
Alan

Indded, but there *should* be things more important than making a quick profit. How hypocritical does society have to be, to produce a product that parents - well those that give a sh*t - tell their children not to use?

Reply to
Andy Cap

For far better than large corporations brainwashing your kids with "branding" so the next time you want to eat out their only suggestion will be to drag you into the nearest McDonald's.

Reply to
Alan

Toolstation do a version without the sh*t

The Other Mike

"2 Bollocks and a Shagger please"...

Reply to
Tim Watts

TBF you wouldn't want kids using this stuff :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Great stuff, the only problem I have with it, as with other similar solvent based grab adhesives, is keeping the half empty tube for next time - it invariably has gone hard in the tube and/or nozzle. Particularly in most of them where the nozzle cap is just a push fit rather than screw on.

The cynic in me of course says that it's deliberate on the manufacturers part!

Reply to
DavidM

Getting the phrasing wrong, makes all the difference ! ;-)

Reply to
Andy Cap

You obviously don't get out very often.

Two years ago I mentioned remote programmable thermostats and you thought that I was joking.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
Huge

Google for "Star, you bastard", too.

Reply to
Huge

Brings up the instant response: "Did you mean: *Start*, you bastard?"!

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Er... no.