Sticking wood to wall instead of screwing-Advice

I believe that the modern practice is to glue instead of using screws. What type of glue is used and how is it held in place on a vertical wall? Blair

Reply to
Blair Malcolm

What other sort of wall is there? A horizontal one is a floor!

I would use gripfill for architraves or skirting if that is what you are wanting to fix. May need tacking into place with a couple of nails.

Reply to
simon beer

ime, any dust, grease or anything else not perfect as per instructions and the adhesive will fail. too cold ? it'll fail. too warm/dry ? it'll fail.

after much trail and error I've all but given up using the stuff and if I do I always secure the job with a couple of screws

RT

Reply to
[news]

Surely you'd apply glue to the whole area, thus spreading the load?

Reply to
Rob Morley