Sticking down roofing felt

I have a small (just a couple of square feet) piece of thinnish roofing felt to fix to the lid of an outdoor container. I don't want to use nails and I'm reluctant to buy a large tin of the proper adhesive for such a small one-off job. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use Gripfix or Sticks Like or similar?

Reply to
Bert Coules

On 06 Apr 2014, "Bert Coules" grunted:

Better to use something more suited to the task, available in similar quantity and cost, eg:

Lobster

Excellent. Many thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules