Sticking down a glass Hob Top

We have a Bosch induction Hob ,the Ceran glass top has become loose . Looking at it appears it was just lightly fixed with a rubber gasket which was just attached in places to a metal rim. The gasket is till intact and stuck to the glass firmly. It looks like this was stuck to the metal supporting lip by a form of sticky pads in eight places. Any suggestions as to a suitable material to refix. As an induction hob doesn't get as hot as direct heating ones my first thoughts were to use some dabs of heat resistant silicon. Only other concern is that the center of the induction mechanisms there appears to be a white goo which the top also rested on. A guess is that this goo is to enable heat transfer for proper operation of the heat sensors. Any suggestions as to a suitable brand of heat conductive paste to reinstate with?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Agreed, I would "glue" with silicone. For the heat transfer spot, how about CPU heat sink compound. I have a tiny tube of Akasa 455 which I think came from eBay. Take care that you don't let excessive silicone "glue" increase the gap at the heat transfer spot.

Reply to
newshound