Sticker on rear windscreen

Hello peeps,

I have recently changed my car and I want to get rid of the small sticker type label the garage stuck on my rear windscreen. I know it's only small but I don't want to see it every time I look in the mirror. I'd haven't tried to scrape it off as it's a bit near the heating wires! Some sort of solvent , heatgun ??

Cheers for any advice, Dave.

Reply to
Dave

I swear by this stuff:

Angela

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave

Nail Varnish remover.

Reply to
George

Seconded.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Lats time I acquired a car I said not to stick a label on. They did. I refused to take delivery until they removed it. They did in about 10 seconds. No idea how. Is it worth asking the dealer to remove it?

Reply to
Rod

LOL nice

Reply to
Colin Wilson

A lot depends on the type of sticker. If it's clear plastic (like a licence disc holder) it will peal off easily if you just lift one edge with a finger nail.

If it's a paper label which has been glued on, it will have to be scraped off. It's best to use a plastic scraper so as not to damage the glass. This will likely leave a sticky residue which can be removed by using the 'Sticky Stuff Remover' mentioned by someone else. But note: this stuff is good but

*only* removes the residue - it won't dissolve the whole thing, so some initial scraping is still required.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Use a hair-dryer to soften it before peeling.

Reply to
robert

Frank Erskine

Thanks for all the advice peeps - have just had a good look at it and it is clear plastic with printing on. As the car has been in the sun all day and the glass was warm I picked at a corner and then peeled the thing off in one go ! Result! No more free advertising. Thanks.

Reply to
Dave

They just peel off when new. Its after they have been on a bit it gets hard (literally).

Reply to
dennis

or wait until the car is boiling hot in the sun.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

A thread on rec.cars.maintenance about metal ice scrapers came to the conclusion that even brass or stainless steel could be used as long as it had no nicks in it - the glass surface is actually harder than the metal, although obviously more brittle.

Scraping around the heating elements is dodgy with anything, though. Even plastic.

Glad to see the OP could just peel his sticker off in the sun anyway. No need for a scraper.

Reply to
PCPaul

Then you could have tried that in the first place, couldn't you ...

Reply to
geoff

Remember to keep it, and reapply in the event of a breakdown.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Have you looked at your number plates?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

B-) Unfortunatly some of that is a legal requirement.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But not the dealers name surely?

Reply to
Graham.

Depends a number plate must be marked with (amongst other things):

  • The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)
  • The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean a company whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)

So if the garage/dealer made amd/or supplied the plates their name has to be there.

"Current requirements on the display of number plates"

Reply to
Dave Liquorice