Andrew Gabriel

From: SDR Subject: Re: Step down or Step up Transformer Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:40 Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y

"Charger # 5864200W11 120Volts with an output of 9 volts DC 700 mA. This cordless unit has a very small fuse that is set to pop for your own safety; they mentioned that unless you end up buying a high end expensive power converter transformer, it will most likely continually pop the safety fuse. "

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I disagree, the Secretary of State for the Department of Trade and Insustry can issue a licence for radiotelecommunications equipment and if such a license was issued then it's use would be completely legal.

However the chances of obtainining such a licence are slim to non-existent

Jack.

Reply to
JhnWil875

Britain's nominal voltage is now 230 volts and not 240 due to european convergence, 230 volts is within the old 240 volt tolerances and I suspect that most parts of the Grid are still set to 240 volts.

John

Reply to
JhnWil875

Ah, now I see what you mean. TBH I don't think there's a difference, it's just in the wording. Most base un units have the charging unit in the base, they just require a straight power supply. However I can't see the OP's exact unit in detail so this all just advice. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Except that there are non available on UK auction sites and they are about £1,500 for the four on US Ebay.

Looks like they operate on 900Mhz.

As I live on the 22nd floor, I wonder what range I could get out of them?

John.

Reply to
JhnWil875

In many areas of the US, 110v is the standard.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I think that they have the same issues as our 240\230v thing going on! ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

It has?

I sit corrected, then.

Reply to
Huge

Guys

Same issue - different question :

A different applicane info states

"External switching power: AC / DC Adapter 90-240VAC, 50 / 60Hz,

  • DC 5V / 6Watts AC Power cord."

I read it to mean that it is duel voltage and will work in USA and UK. Confirm please.

Reply to
SDR

Looks like it. A lot of PSU's are designed work anywhere at any voltage. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

If it is a switched mode regulator, it is entirely possible that it will cover the full range.

I was involved in a project that had a power supply that would use anything from 48v DC (aircraft power apparently) to 400v AC...without any need to voltage select at all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher