Stem Generator Irons

Apologies for the slightly off topic post - given the wealth of knowledge in here I thought this the best group to post in.

Now that the summer is truly over we've switched back to drying clothes on radiators when the central heating is on and the tumble dryer when it is not. Clothes that come off the radiators are incredibly difficult to iron (as are they coming out of the tumble dryer if they've been forgotten about & left to sit for a few hours).

Would the group have any advice on the benefit of switching from a bog standard iron (£20-£30 bracket) to one range of steam generator irons? From a little googling, these seem to range in price from ~£100 to £200+. Do they make the task of ironing significantly easier and if so there any benefit in buying one of the more expensive models for standard household ironing? Any model recommendations?

Thanks Fred

Reply to
fred dale

Please excuse the obvious typo!

Reply to
fred dale

Buy heavy Buy stainless steel not teflon base Use distilled or softened water.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher