steel or acrylic bath?

In message , Aidan Karley muttered:

How did you attach it?? Sounds like a good idea!

Reply to
andy

Steel. Easy to clean. For a cheap white bathroom suite, I'd go for a steel one.

Reply to
Ed_Zep

I slopped wallpaper paste onto the back side of the strips of insulation, then fed them down the long side of the bath against the wall, levered them in position with a broom handle, and propped them up on books overnight. Cleaning up the GF was a bitch. Gluing them onto the bath before plumbing it into place would have been much easier (can you get insulation on glueable backing paper?). On the front and side of the bath I just wedged strips of the insulation in as I was screwing the side panel on. The idea is probably good, but a proper implementation would probably be best done while making the bath, and it's going to be a bitch putting it around the plumbing. It looks as if many hot water tanks these days come with a rigid foam insulation applied directly to the metal, which would be much better. I get much more effect on the long-warm-bath front by putting bubble bath in - the foam blanket greatly reduces both evaporation and convection routes for loss of heat ; by deduction, conduction through the metal of the bath is a minor route of heat loss. I wouldn't waste my time doing the GF job again, though if I "got someone in" to do a bathroom (big "if", including "if ever") I would consider specifying a bath with built-on insulation. The wife would over-ride it on grounds of colour, of course.

Reply to
Aidan Karley

In message , Aidan Karley muttered:

That made me laugh!

I think that's how I would do it.

Think I'd agree with that as well, think I'm becoming a bath anorak!

Women, all the same. They probably don't even realise the real benefit of bubble bath...

Reply to
andy

Just remember that your nice warm duvet jacket is damn-all use in the shower .

Pleasently slippery.

Reply to
Aidan Karley