Steel Bath or Plastic

I may be buying a new bath soon and while in Homebase on other business I picked up a catalogue and noticed that a number of their baths were steel . Can anyone tell me the advantages /disadvantages of steel against plastic(?) ..........I imagine they are sturdier but do they chip easily .??? How much heavier are they size for size.I live in a second floor flat ,not that I will be carrying it up myself ..

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

This comes up every 2-3 weeks - it might be useful to do a quick google for this group to get some previous responses.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Last discussed on 4 March:

Nick

Steel:

Advantages: Strong, sturdy, will last a long time

Disadvantages: Will chip if hit hard, discolours with incorrect cleaning chemicals

Plastic:

Advantages: Cheap, warm to touch

Disadvantages: Surface scratches very quickly, cracks easily, bath flexes when full.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix