Steam Cleaners

the spondulux and/or (b) which type to get. She sees herself using one to clean floors and windows (She already has a Karcher window cleaner, go figure)

We have the Bissell Which best buy. Wife likes it but makes two points.

We have a messy house with lots of dogs; if floors are dirty, use conventional mop first then finish off with steamer.

Don't believe the claims, it leaves floors wetter than a mop; she does it last thing at night to allow it to dry (with dogs excluded).

A friend has one of the models with removable stick, and likes it for cleaning the shower. They are much cleaner than us though.

Reply to
newshound

In message , usenet2012 writes

We've got a Polti and 2 dogs. Use it to clean the tiled floors and carpet. Does a good job and the room always feels that much fresher.

Reply to
bert

In message , usenet2012 writes

The Polti Vaperetto holds a couple of litres and will deliver steam continuously until the water runs out, by which time you're ready for a cuppa while the water reheats.

Reply to
bert

According to the Which mag that came today VAX S6 is the best and Polti vaporetto evolution the worst and rated "Don't buy"!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Dont think they posted the Vax best buy.

'Pros: Good at cleaning hard floors and glass, easy to use, very long steaming time, energy efficient

Cons: Very poor at cleaning wall tiles and bad at removing stains from carpets, long wait before you can clean'

Reply to
fred

and the one user review of the VAX S6 was very scathing.

As I said. Which only confuses and makes me want to give up on the item

Reply to
fred

I gave up on which years ago when they wrote a critical review of a car which I was absolutely delighted with.

Reply to
bert

In message , Muddymike writes

I would be interested to hear on what basis?

Reply to
bert

My mother-in-law seems happy with the one she got for Christmas.

it seemed to get dirt off a wooden floor that had been mopped before. (It doesn't suck the water up - the microfibre pad which soaks up the dirty water needs washing afterwards, at least from time to time. The instructions are realistic about condensed steam being wet.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Very often the micro fibre pad is doing most of the cleaning.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman