stanley digiscan pipe/wire/stud detector

just bought one of these for 40 from argos.but not finding it the easiest or most accurate thing to get to grips with. any tips for using such a thing and getting the best results? should i take it back and get a different brand somewhere else?
all snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (mark al) wrote in

Since you got it from Argos, and you're not happy, take ti back, in the 16? day period it doesn't have to be duff.
I hear about the wossname triscan, but I never see one, if I google I get a squillion hits, but no results, but that's getting more and more common, it's all the kelkoo, dealtime etc, worse than spam
mike r