Standby Diseasel Generator...

A fried of mine is after a generator that can supply around 7 to 10 odd KVA that is Diesel and is self start.

I bought one of a firm up in the west midlands a couple of years ago and would have gone back to them but they've gone bust;(..

A couple or three I rang seemed to be rather clueless and thus far none of them have got back to me either which is rather disconcerting:((

Anyone had any recent experiences of a supplier they would recommended any help appreciated..

Thanks...

Reply to
tony sayer

Ex military - places like RAMCO?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Try the Green Party. They might be able to find a windmill for you.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Sounds like it is sick

Reply to
F Murtz

Bought ours (5kVA) from PJ Allsorts in Thame, Oxon. good service from them. They supply Kipor generators and I find them to be robust and reliable.

A 9kVA with autostart and the other necessary gibbons for switchover is about £5k, up to about £8k for 12kVA.

Steve Firth

How many kWh to the banana?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Best not monkey about with the gibbons.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

confused, gibbon up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bloody spoolchucker gubbins -> gibbons

Reply to
Steve Firth

Do you really use a spellchecker?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Or sick diseased generators.

Reply to
F Murtz

I'm using my phone to post. It uses predictive text and a spellchecker. It changes words it doesn't recognise.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Tha's not good.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In the distant days of typwriters, I worked in a lab where our manager's PA would type up handwritten reports, if she had spare time, correcting both the spelling and the grammar as she went. We only caught her out once, when she changed "adsorbed" into "absorbed" for one of the chemists (now an Emeritus Professor).

Reply to
newshound