Standard builders contract?

Is there such a thing as a standard contract to use for building extension work? Can anyone point me at something on the web or tell me where I can get a copy?

Dave S

Reply to
Dave

"Dave" wrote | Is there such a thing as a standard contract to use for building | extension work? Can anyone point me at something on the web or | tell me where I can get a copy?

JCT (Joint Contracts Tribunal) Building Contract for a Home Owner / Occupier. Package includes two copies (one for client and one for contratcor) and set of conditions. Available to purchase from RIBA

You might also want to buy:

Getting the builders in ... and staying in control, Paul J Grimaldi, Elliott Right Way Books, 0-7160-3012-8. £9.99

The appendices include General Conditions, Sample Brief, General COnstruction Notes and Typical Specification Clauses, Planning Regs, Glossary of Construction Terms, Sample Letters, Example Statement and Claim for Damages.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

FMB website: