Stand alone V Yale wireless alarm

Just having thoughts on this and the practicality of changing.

I currently have a Yale wirless alarm system, twice when on hols the damn thing has gone off and a neighbour who has a key reset it for me. I am seriously thinking about dismantling it and selling it on ebay and replacing with stand alone PIR thingies which cost around £8 an item. So could cover my house for say £50. This would also eliminate me having to go up a ladder every 2 years to replace the batteries with the Yale system.

Anyone using just stand alone PIR alarms?

ss