Stair Spindles

Hi all. I bought some mahogany stair spindles off ebay last year bu taking another look at them today they seem quite thin where the 'turning' reduces to its smallest diameter. They are 32mm square at the ends. What is the minimum cross sectional diameter for safety purposes?

If these spindles are unsafe to use in a house where children are I will use plain/straight oak and make them myself.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

It's specified as a pressure against the balustrades, IIRC. I though it was in Part K, but on checking, that just refers to BS 6399-1. I found it online in the past when I built my balustrades, but I don't recall where.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel