Stains on new copper pipe

I have just about completed the install of a full Thermal Store & underfloor heating system - the primaries to the thermal store and the secondary feeds are in 28mm copper ... as is all pipework in Thermal store 'cupboard'
All the joints have now serious green discoloration presumably initiated by the flux ... what is the best way of cleaning this off ?
I don't intend varnishing the pipes (remember my parents used to use brasso to make heating pipes shine) but would like to clean off the crud.
Rick

underfloor
feeds
by
brasso
A wipe over with a damp cloth and some Ajax usually does the trick.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

BigWallop wrote:

Or wire wool and a wipe.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:30:48 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I think you really need something to neutralise the acid from the flux, the Ajax will help to do that as a lot of those sort of cleaners are alkaline.
Got to admit I tend to give each joint a good wipe around with a damp cloth whilst still warm and thus the flux residue still very soft. None of my joints have gone green...
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail