Stainless steel pipes - new radiator fitting

Hi Guys,

I wondered if anyone here could help me - I've read a few of the FAQ here about Stainless steel pipes (Good one from Nighjar) and to be honest I'm a little confused as what the best solution would be.

My problem is I want to fit new radiators (old house from the 30s with old Servowarm radiators apparently.) As usual all the piping seems to be a mixture of copper/stainless steel etc. The old radiator piping all seems to be in Stainless steel (to the best of my knowledge) and after reading Nighjar's FAQ - it seems that soldering is not the way to go if you want an easy life when joining copper onto Stainless steel.

I don't want to replace all the piping, I only want to put the new rads on - fixing new valves in copper onto the existing stainless steel pipes. (The rads only have one valve at present - so in case of a leak they can't be isolated.)

I read here that compression fittings are the best and easiest thing to do - How easy are they to use?

Any advice on doing the above project would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Russ

Reply to
russ4956