Stainless Steel offcut ?

Just been fabricating a stainless steel set of brackets .. and used an old piece of stainless sheet (3.23mm thick ) presumably imperial plate.

Anybody know of somewhere that sell off cuts of Stainless .... I only need one piece to finish a strap ... 30 x 3 x 600

I tried fleabay .. and the only seller wants a very high price. Just tried a local fabrication shop, only pieces of stainless they has was some very thin sheet.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

for Tim. Say you got his name from Baz.

Reply to
Baz

In article , Rick Hughes writes

I've found Metal Supermarkets good for offcuts although my local place has got a bit sniffy about me wandering round and looking.

They will also have strip in stock or on short lead, no need to buy the whole strip, no min order.

There is a website:

it is awful, best looking in yellow pages to see if you have a local one.

Reply to
fred

I'll give him a go ... Ta

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Mallard Metals

3mm x 30mm at 4.12gbp / ft.

Never used them, but they're often mentioned on another newsgroup.

Reply to
Kevin Poole

Bloody 'ell they are expensive for aluminium flat bar. £2 + vat per inch of what I want 1 1/4" x 2" , metal supermarket are expensive but do 39 inches for ~£65 inc. Ebay has some at £39 for 2m.

Reply to
dennis