stainless steel clips for slates

is there a cheap source of clips for holding slates onto rafters ? Apparently they're costing about =A330 for a box of 500, but the roof needs about 5000 of them ! This is in France, are screws more commonly used in the UK ?

Si

Reply to
srp

Si

I would imagine that clipping to rafters would prevent the use of sarking felt and battens - do you mean clipping to the battens?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

umm.. yeah battens, of course.. sorry for being dumb it's not me who's doing it. It's an X hundred year old cottage Felt would have been a very good idea now you mention it !

Cheers Simon

Reply to
srp

Si The use of stainless steel hooks are mainly used on man made fibre cement slates to hold the bottom of the slate from curling. In the UK a copper disk rivet is used. If I can remember the bottom of the slate for stainless steel hook fixing doesn't have the hole in the bottom for disk fixing. 1 box of

1,000 copper rivet £14

Keith

Reply to
keith_765

Normally nails, copper ideally but hot dip galvanised is common.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice