Stainless splashback behind induction hob

That's not a problem, is it? Sanity check really... Not sure how ferro-magnetic the steel is (did not have a magnet to hand).

The steel is covering the wall about 30-40mm behind the back edge of the hob. Nothing mentioned in the hob manual.

Just wondered about parasitic heating from stray fields?

My theorising says "probably not" as the field is only present when a suitably heavy ferrous pan is in place and the field should be mostly contained by the iron in the pan.

I presume it is possible to get accidental heating under some conditions

- eg placing a cast iron trivit too close to a cooking area.

Reply to
Tim Watts

To the extent that the presence or absence of the pan controls the logic that turns the field on, yes. And the field will prefer being inside the pan base. Additionally, the field weakens as the inverse cube so it drops off pretty quickly away from the coil.

Reply to
Tim Streater

We have a SS splashback behind our induction hob, can't say we've ever noticed it being a problem. Other than SWMBO scratching it with pan handles and spoons, but that's a different story :)

Reply to
Lee

Thank you all - just the random stuff I think about because I'm me :-o

Reply to
Tim Watts

Love your browser comment. It rife now. Even Google and Yahoo are at it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff