Stained laminate flooring

Some water worked its way into the crack between two panels of laminate flooring which led to some mildew forming UNDER the clear top layer of the laminate material (and in the crack itself) which is now visible in the "grain" of the material.

Rather than replace the flooring, I'm wondering if there are any "cover up" products which might be used to obscure the problem. Its a normal tan/beige faux-wood colour floor.

Since the water source has been removed (a potted plant) the mildew is not continuing to spread and the floor is not warped or otherwise damaged.

Thanks

Reply to
david.hollman

Wait till you have real wood expensive engineered floor, and the cat pees on it..

..or carpet that the dog throws up on...or claws at desperately trying to get out of a room..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

I lifted a carpet in a friend's hall once and found underneath it curved scratches at the foot of the stairs. His mum told me that before they could afford carpet their boxer used to corner hard at the bottom of the stairs when the doorbell rang and had left deep gouges.

Reply to
Guy King

If it's on the ground floor a small flood will achieve the desired aim.

If it's upstairs you really ought to move to Colchester.

Reply to
OG