Stain & varnish advice

I have 20 pine internal doors to stain and varnish in my house. Should I use water or spirit based stain?

Also will the choice influence which varnish type I should use?

Finally, if I can get the right colour, is there any disadvantage is using a coloured varnish?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Spirit, e.g. "Colron" for sure. It will sink in to the timber rather than coat the surface.

Not really - although if you're using acrylic varnish make sure the stain fully dries.

Very much so. It chips and then white shows through. It obscures the timber grain.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built