Stable door supplier in Reading

Anyone know a good place to buy a stable door (for a house, not for a real stables) in Reading?

I know I can trawl around SELCO and the sheds and merchants but it's so far out of my cerebral knowledgebase of where to start looking I thought I'd try crowdsourcing for a pointer ;-)

Why a stable door? Because I wouldn't want an unstable one, would I? 8^|

Reply to
John Stumbles

In message , John Stumbles writes

BUY ?

Couple of offcuts and some screws ...

Reply to
geoff

Got mine from Wickes a few of years ago, been OK, top has 9 panes, bottom is solid

*
*
Reply to
Corporal Jones

I got my stable door (this one:

from Howdens

Howdens Joinery - Reading Unit 14, Stadium Industrial Estate, Stadium Way, Reading, Berkshire -

0118 942 6589 or Howdens Joinery - Reading South Unit 8, Nimrod Industrial Esate, Nimrod Way, Reading, Berkshire - 0118 987 4058
Reply to
pcb1962

Not reading, but close. Google acorn doors.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oooh, lovely! But a bit out of my league for what I want, unfortunately. Actually there's someone closer who does nice bespoke joinery:

thanks to the folks who pointed out Howdens & Wickes (seem much the same product). I vaguely remembered Hodens place on the Stadium Way estate but couldn't even remember their name.

Reply to
John Stumbles