Ssomeone told me today that MrBrown...

The altered behaviour happens at many skip firms. In the past, skip contents would have been taken straight to landfill, now much isn't.

for example.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I wonder if they felt the earth move?

Reply to
cerberus

That's true. It's good to see him coming rapidly unstuck.

However, I am also pleased to see that Nick Sarko has knifed TB in the back.

Reply to
Andy Hall

They're breeding?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Was it Adam?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I suppose it would depend on whether you saw the policeman's helmet...

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hmmm.... This is within range.

Next time I need one, I'll ask them for a quote as well as my usual supplier.

The equation isn't clear though.

A) Regular supplier, no recycling, pay tax

B) Shorts, recycling, extra labour cost to recycle, less or no tax.

Unless £(B) < £(A) it isn't interesting.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The pensions system is in crisis, so lets increase taxes on pension funds...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Bad cutting aside.

Having lost interest (nice word to use about this subject) just who is Nick Sarko, Andy?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Andy Burns

Type it into Google.

Alternatively, I recently saw a poster on the Paris Metro for the John Rambo film. Somebody had neatly obliterated certain pieces of text and picture, inserting a sketch of the president with the caption "Nick Sarko". It was very well done.

Nearby there was a poster for the Zoo de Vincennes, upon which a photo of another world "leader" had been posted.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , George writes

Absolutely true, but you're all a little behind the times I'm afraid.

5 years ago I tipped two and a half ton of mixed building waste into landfill for £26 (£10 a ton).

Last week I paid £32 for 400 kgs.

Next week I'll be looking for a quiet lane.

By some vague side effect of this landfill tax, it is now cheaper for me to landfill it directly than it is to take it to a waste transfer station which recycles what it can before the remainder is landfilled. Yes, cheaper to tip than recycle.

I have written to my local MP about it (the useless t**ser that he is). I got a wonderfully eloquent reply, some great phrases and soundbites but unfortunately nothing of any substance.

6 years ago, to landfill soil, the site operator charged £2 a ton. 5 years ago it was £2 a ton plus £2 a ton tax *to put bloody soil into a hole in the ground*. Now it is something like £2 a ton plus £40 quid landfill tax.

Different types of waste attract different taxes, even garden waste attracts circa £40/ton landfill tax.

Do not be confused - it is a tax, not a *green measure*.

P.S. FYI - TMH - did you know that if you take *any* waste away from any job you do, you're supposed to have a waste transfer licence, and do a shit load of paperwork. I'm only carrying my own waste from my own home (non commercial) so I don't need a licence but I think they cost around £300 for the first year and £150 p.a. thereafter. Just about every small jobbing builder needs one (unless they don't get caught).

It is complete bollocks. Someone

Reply to
somebody

MP's are a complete waste of oxygen IMO. Weasel words that don't maen a f*cking thing.

Exactly.

I did know that thanks, so I never take any waste away from a customer. From a business POV I would be happy to remove waste as a 'customer service', but I can't afford too at those fees.

They won't even let my bloody Kangoo van into our local tip, even with domestic waste, have to use SWMO's Corsa - not easy.

"Load of old Bollocks" indeed. I despair of this country sometimes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

After 5 years in France I despair at the mess of the roadsides/countryside in the UK. Around where we lived there were several waste sites within 5 miles where anyone (domestic, workmen with vans/flat beds) could take their rubbish. You had to sort it into the relevant containers once there but it seemed to work well, there was no limit on the number of trips per day and I saw very little dumped waste elsewhere (except for cigarette butts of course).

D.

Ah! yes. another guvmint officer that pays no attention to what is said to him :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Especially as the tax for 'inert' rubble is significantly less (by a factor of about 8) than the tax for other waste, but because the skip company can't sort what you put in the skip they have to charge you this higher amount even if all you are throwing away is reusable house bricks.

Tim

Reply to
tims next home