Squeaky boiler

My boiler (Ariston Genus 27 BFFI, combination with integral hot water tank) has started creaking alarmingly.

Should I be worried?

Reply to
Chris Melluish

Not really, my old boiler began creaking a few years a ago but a change of pills from her doctor fixed it :-)

seriously, pipes rubbing on something maybe ?

-- Martop

Reply to
martop

I would worry until a pro looked at it

Reply to
ransley

I took the front off and had a feel around inside. The noise is coming from a three-way motorised valve. It looks fairly simple to replace, so I might have a go. I can get one for £102+vat.

Reply to
Chris Melluish