squeaky bed

I have a duvan bed that squeaks a lot, I've tried most things to stop it.... I'm a restless sleeper and it's anoying that it squeaks

It's not that old so I dont want to get a new bed yet, I took the wheels off it cos I found it kept the main noise down but now it's coming back

Anyone any ideas???

Reply to
John Wilson

Hi John

Tell it that it may only squeak when squoken to?

:-)

What's it made of? I'm assuming a metal frame with springs attached, not a wooden frame with slats?

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Stop Tossin. :-)

Reply to
ben

My bed squeaks as well, but it's our heads banging on the head board that really annoys me, but that's a different story. :-)

What's the bed made of?

Reply to
BigWallop

it's a silentnight miracoil bed but I dont have a head board on it

Reply to
John Wilson

What's the bed made of?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Our bed had to be taken to bits and reinforced, lots of bits of extra wood at all the points that squeaked, all held in with mitre fix , under guarantee I hasten to add. I will never buy another MFI bed, this was an expensive one too. It is quiet enough after repair though.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

We had an "unsprung" divan bed that squeaked ("Myers" in this case) and it was the poor construction that was the problem. I carefully "unstapled" the fabric to reveal the hardboard over dodgy looking frame and just glued and pinned everything visible ;)

Didn't squeak after that, but we got rid of it later for a quality metal bed frame - the old one made a nice bonfire :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Mice?

Reply to
GymRatZ

Try bromide in your cocoa.

Reply to
Hugh

How old is "not that old"?

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

it's under 2 years old, I'm not sure what it's made of I'll need to check later

so sorry if I'm "top posting" but I'm using OE to post so I'm not doing it to annoy anyone

Reply to
John Wilson

KY Gel?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

...that's better

So do I, you just need to press Reply Group, then scroll down, and type you message at the bottom.

Make sure the bed isn't touching any walls, and see if it still does it, then make sure it isn't the floorboards

If the bed is only two years old, then I would class it as being faulty if it is squeaking so much it annoys you.

I would speak to the suppler, and ask them what they will do about it, mentioning the sale of goods act when they tell you it is out of warranty

is a good resource to inform you of your rights

Have a read of the following more specifically

?file=ADV0043-1011.txtSparks...

Reply to
Sparks

OE Quotefix will solve the top posting.

Google for oe quotefix. it's free as well

Reply to
ben

I use this, but have a problem with "Invalid Syntax Error" when clickingon most links

Do you get this too?

(I am on V 1.19.2)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

We were wondering what you were on :-)

Reply to
dave

....that's another story.... :-)

Reply to
Sparks

Squeaks happen when the bed is not rigid and bits slide against other bits. Of bed I mean. solutino is reinforcement, rigidifying joints etc.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Thanks Ben - it's brilliant!