Square Rugs

These seem to be the toughest things to source. Should be 1.7m - 2m. The other alternative is round but square is preferable. Any ideas?
Chris Spyrou wrote:

I could teach you how to make one :)
Sheila

That's the way to do it.
Mary

How about a compromise? Go to a carpet shop, buy an end piece of carpet, and have them do the "ruggification" for you. Yes, I don't know the proper name for sealing the ends up etc. ;-)
You might even know someone that has some carpet lying around.
F.

Carpet whipping is the term :-)
Heres a good opportunity for someone to make some money, these things cost a fortune when new: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item256682163

regards Tim

This is what I did a few years ago.I bought some Wilton carpet about 5m square and the store sent it away to be 'edged'.It took a couple of weeks.

I couldn't find a rug I liked so I went to a small local independent carpet shop. He had loads of catalogues and I was able to order one without any obligation to purchase if I didn't like it when it arrived. I loved it so it was a perfect way of doing it!
Angela

geoff

Where did the term "pikey" come from?
PoP

http://www.aldertons.com/question.htm
Scroll down (or search for Pikey).
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:01:56 -0000, "David Hearn"

Thanks for that - very interesting!
I hadn't thought of a Tinker being at a lower respect level than a gypsy or pikey though. I'd have assumed that a Tinker was a gypsy who practiced a mobile and legitimate trade, for example knife sharpening.
PoP