Square plastic tube inserts - supplier of small quantities ?

Hi all

I'm looking for a small quantity of these

maybe 10 of 2 sizes - (to fit 15mm id and 20mm id square section steel.

It's for the framework of my new market stall - which has a very 'posh' fitted cover (courtesy of the local sailmaker) - over a 're-engineered' box steel framework.

What I want to avoid is the ends of the box steel framework catching / wearing on the fitted cover & making holes - these things (in the link) seem to be the right part for the job.

Trouble is, a quick Google shows many people who would love to sell me

500 of the things - but nobody (so far) that's interested in 10's....

So - anybody seen these in 'retail quantities' anywhere - ideally on the web ?

Alternatively, any creative suggestions for achieving the same effect by another means ?

Thanks in advance Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Buy 500 and sell the rest in packs of 10 to 49 other market traders?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Now there's a plan !

Alternatively.......?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

================================== This place sells by the 'handful' if you can find one of their local outlets:

might be able to use a few squash balls or even tennis balls but it might be better to get your sailmaker to sew in strategically placed leather patches.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Have I missed something but Sti223 20mm x 20mm 0.8 - 3.0mm Black are available in quantities of 10+, albeit at £1 each, but if you want

10000+ they are only 2p!

Coincidently I had a sample from them a couple of weeks ago of a rubber ferrule and found them very helpful but then I do intend ordering about 500.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Maybe I'll drop them an email - thanks !

Wish I'd thought of that when he was doing the sewing

The nature of the thing is that the cover will need to be pulled over the frame - so it's probably best to cover any 'pointy bits' of the frame.....

Outdoor markets don't start again until Easter - so maybe I need to put the stall up one day soon when there's not a gale blowing and see where the potential hot-spots might be...

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks for the reply - I'd somehow missed that (doh!)

Actually - trying to place an order for ten of the inserts with them I end up with ten inserts at UK Pounds 1 each..... followed by p&p of 26.45 UK Pounds ! and then VAT - bringing the total per insert to 4.28 UK Pounds !

Phew ! - that's a bit on the 'steep' side For that price I can hand-carve some wooden bungs !

Yes - I thought about being cheeky and asking for samples - but I'd really need ten or so - which is pushing my luck a bit

Many thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

In the past I've found Components Direct useful for this sort of thing. Small quantities can be requested as samples and I see they now do packs of 50 on the website:

Andy Wade

Unfortunately, they (Components Direct) don't supply outside the UK, and their sister company JetPress doesn't seem to have a presence in Ireland - where we are

I'll drop CD an email though and see if there's any way they can supply me....

Nice range of 'widgets' though ! - and reasonable (UK) postage costs. Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Towsure had some in their Southampton branch back in the summer. They have a web site at

so you will be able to find if there is one near you.

What you want they have as end blanking caps in their trailer chassis section.

A camping shop is not the first place one would look for useful items away from tents etc but I have found they stock some useful bits.

G.Harman

Reply to
oldship

Many thanks - not quite the right size but could (probably) be made to fit.......

...just need to see about their delivery to Ireland - I'll email them..

I'm sure I dealt with them many years ago when converting a caravan chassis into a trailer - very helpful, if a litle on the slow side with deliveries...

Thanks again Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Try these people

they use the ends for sealing aerial tubes.

They list 15mm tube. Not sure if they could help with 20mm.

Barry

Reply to
Barry Smith

Many thanks - that's a good idea.... I'll drop them an email

Regards Adrian

Reply to
Adrian