Square edged worktop care question

Our square edged laminate worktops have a front face that looks to me much like an edging strip, in that it seems to be separate from the top. Nor does it wrap underneath the bottom.

Am I likely to have problems with these unless I keep them dry?

Reply to
R D S

Well, it very much depends on the material underneath and what sort of bonding material is being used to hold the edging on. In my bathroom the edging did indeed part company on a vanity unit, but not for many years. However in a Kitchen, it seems that steam is the enemy as a shelves edging is coming off and warping in a concave fashion as an electric kettle underneath affects it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Probably not, as they should have been sealed properly at the factory. I've fitted a few of these in the last few months, and think they look bloody awful, but tastes differ, and the customers are always happy with it. I think their main advantage is with curved end units, where you can get a matching profile all the way round, and curved units seem to be flavour of the month now, as every kitchen maker is promoting them.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I knew we were getting square but i'm sure i've seen square ones where the laminate is continuous.

I don't think they'll last long in any case, they are already covered in bloody scratches.

Reply to
R D S