Spur from a ceiling rose?

Hi All,

I'm installing a 2nd ceiling rose upstairs and it will be running a dreaded(?) Ikea LV lighting string thingy (so the load won't be too large). The reason I'm putting another rose in is that the lights have a "wall wart" type transformer that needs to be in the room. I suppose I could put it in the loft, but for many reasons this seems like a very bad idea.

I was planning on inserting another rose in between the one that is currently in the room, and the next one in the chain but I've been thinking...

Is there anything to stop me just taking a spur from the perm. 240v supply to the new rose (and new switch) in order to save a bit of time?

Cheers,

Will

--

Reply to