Sprayable fence stuff with pressure sprayer - anyone used the normal stuff?

I note that the sprayable stuff costs about double that of the normal brushable stuff.

To be honest, it just looks like a runnier, watered-down version.

Anyone tried watering down the normal stuff and sticking that in your pressure sprayer?

Reply to
paulfoel

No, but I always used to spray the spirit based stuff with a garden sprayer.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Spirit based stuff? Whats that?

I thought it was all water soluble stuff.

Reply to
paulfoel

Give it a try. Water some down and see how it works, or not.

What's the worst that can happen? The sprayer gets blocked and you have to clean it out. Hardly a disaster, is it?

Reply to
Bruce

Yup. I used some bog standard preservative in a cheapo, generic sprayer (£2 from B&Q). It worked just as well as the "designer" packaged stuff.

Reply to
pete

Spirit based stuff? Whats that?

Cuprinol that you have to thin/clean up with white spirits.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Thought I might try creosote next: somehow, *nothing* seems so effective as creosote (it's probably an illusion that was hardwired into my infant brain).

John

[1] Well: creosote substitute[2] [2] ...which seems to me to be exactly the same as the original, only a lot more expensive.
Reply to
John L

Better still..... where can I get some creosote?

Reply to
Ian