Spray gun advice ...

You can get Farrow & Ball in aerosols:

And F&B supply advice about non-aerosol spraying of their paints:

As well, of course, as oodles of other companies making up matching colours of varying proximity to F&B in looks!

I certainly wasn't thinking about putting a door onto trestles - rather suitably propped up and raised from the ground at the bottom. Very similarly to how a vehicle painter would tackle a Transit door.

I have most certainly found some paints simply don't want to flow out nicely by brush. Maybe judicious thinning would help? Maybe it depends on temperature, humidity, brush quality, and painter's skill? (Mine certainly is not fo the highest order.)

Possibly the best gloss finish I remember getting was by using undercoat with heavy pigment levels. Then a lacquer layer with some dye. Finally lacquer without dye. Nothing more than denibbing between coats. Far, far from perfect but very effective. And actually not much effort.

Reply to
polygonum

Osnip

My ignorance about the Farrow and Ball items though interestingly the spray ing advice appears to relate to water based products.

The only problem I ever encountered with flow rates was with a water based coloured varnish about 10 years ago. Completely ruined a fine hard wood gat e I wanted to keep a varnish finish on. The only satisfactory answer to the zebra effect I got was to put a colour over it. Yes I find a very little a ddition of thinners helps. Still don't like water based finishes. The only use I have for it is as a s anding sealer. The easy clean up always seduces me.

Reply to
fred

Explains why your MIL doesn't trust you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My dear boy, that response explains it all about the ploughman.

Go home to mummy now. Time for your afternoon nap

Reply to
fred

Is it possible that you pair of useless bastards could snip the shit?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Well I did snip the last post. I always try to leave enough to make sense o f the reply. Sometimes it slips my mind. Apologies.

Incidentally, not wishing to start a reader war, but I don't have problems with this when using Google Groups. Now Yahoo groups is another kettle of f ish. American news groups can have pages and pages of crap before getting t o the meat. They never dream of snipping, but then they mostly top post (Th ank M.S. for that)

Reply to
fred

the reply. Sometimes it slips my mind. Apologies.

this when using Google Groups.

It's the double and triple-spacing that GG imparts that's a large part of the problem. It turns what would be a one-screen-scroll into a multi-page odyssey (or oddy say).

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon