Spray bottles

I'm looking for a couple of decent trigger-operated spray bottles for weedkiller - a B&Q bottle that I've used for a few years developed a small split just after I'd filled it. I've always used either domestic bottles for less harmful stuff (cleansers etc.) and emptied bottles of the same genre for 'nasty' garden stuff and so on.

Are there decent, robust versions that might not drip from around the mechanism, as most seem to do, and about a litre? Looking for ideas based on use, please.

Reply to
PeterC

I bought a couple of these

960ml for 85p.

last year which haven't fallen to bits yet after a year's intermittent use.

The reviews seem to be o.k as well, although I don't go much by gushing reviews myself but I pay more attention to negs.

michael adams

michael adams

Just go out and buy one of these pump up garden sprays.

The trigger operated squirty bottles are only intended for single use and soon pack in/leak.

Reply to
harryagain

I too have looked for decent ones over the years. Aldi do decent ones (the nozzle is metal rather than plastic) but the bottle is more like 2.5L. I ha ve one marked 'nice stuff' and one marked 'nasty stuff', although admittedl y the distinction is rather vague. My criteria does not particularly includ e 'no drips from the nozzle' but I haven't noticed any problem there.

I have seen very similar ones in both Wilkos and Asda recently. I think the bottles on these were smaller, maybe 1.5L?

For indoor use, Hairdresser's spray bottles made by Sibel are (ahem) Head & Shoulder's above the cheap ones you get everywhere. A fiver or so from eBa y.

HTH J^n

Reply to
jkn

e nozzle is metal rather than plastic) but the bottle is more like 2.5L. I have one marked 'nice stuff' and one marked 'nasty stuff', although admitte dly the distinction is rather vague. My criteria does not particularly incl ude 'no drips from the nozzle' but I haven't noticed any problem there.

he bottles on these were smaller, maybe 1.5L?

& Shoulder's above the cheap ones you get everywhere. A fiver or so from e Bay.

update: sorry, misread that you wanted trigger sprays. The first ones I was talking about were pump up ones. I agree with the other posters, use those in preference to trigger sprays. The Sibel is a trigger spray.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

Can't you mend the small split with gaffer tape? A few years ago we were using a spray bottle to soak some wallpaper to make it easy to strip and we put the bottle down on a bit of spiky carpet gripper rod - causing a puncture. Out with the gaffer tape - and the bottle's still in use - years later.

Reply to
Roger Mills

That looks good, thanks. I do have the pump-up type and that's good for larger areas but for spot treatment the trigger is better.

Reply to
PeterC

I've an Aldidl one - it needs to be v. tight before it'll hold pressure. Got a 2li one off Amazon and that's good.

Loads of those on Amazon! I'll try the Wilko one first as it's cheaper.

Reply to
PeterC

Not worth it for a bottle that can't be used without dripping from the trigger. It's really a good thing that it's split as I now have a tuit to get another.

Reply to
PeterC

Fair enough. I (mis-)interpreted your OP to mean that most replacement bottles drip from the trigger, but your original B&Q jobbie didn't - so would have been worth saving.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I'm always suspiscious of a seam that's started to go and, for 85p, it's not worth the effort.

Peter, full member of ICBAS.

Reply to
PeterC