Spotlights in bathroom ceiling

Are there special types for use in a damp/wet environment?

Thanks, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

In message , Rob Nicholson writes

The average bathroom ceiling isn't actually that damp or wet.

You can get some designed for use above showers etc. We have a couple, they have an extra glass front etc.

But in the rest of the bathroom we have standard LV downlighters.

Reply to
chris French

There are but whether you really need them or not is another matter. Generally they are 2.4 metres up and out of harms way. If you look on

you'll find a whole host of IP rated lights. I've just put 4 low voltage lights in shower cubicles and used standard flourescents elsewhere. In "our" bathroom low voltage halogens rule!

Tony

Reply to
enuff

yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

TLD Direct? Couldn't find anything at this site but also need to get some IP rated downlighters.

Reply to
Lamb

Think he meant

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

IP rating refers to the sealed casing making them suitable for bathrooms?

Cheers, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

well spotted

Reply to
enuff

However, IP rating might not be required, depending on the zone in which they are installed.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Well two of them would probably be above the bath/shower and then other two at the other end of the bathroon. The bathroom is sealed (no windows) so can get pretty steamy.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

"Rob Nicholson" wrote in news:9%XPb.8851$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net:

You should be able to get IP64 rated units in your local electrical wholesaler. These are sealed units with a ceiling mounted base fitting and a cover that fits on like a bayonet connector to the base in the ceiling. The cover makes the fitting as water proof as can be expected and is suitable for bathrooms and external fitting under shop display boards and things.

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks - will look for that rating.

Cheers, Rob.