Spotlights in bathroom ceiling

Are there special types for use in a damp/wet environment?
Thanks, Rob.

The average bathroom ceiling isn't actually that damp or wet.
You can get some designed for use above showers etc. We have a couple, they have an extra glass front etc.
But in the rest of the bathroom we have standard LV downlighters.
--
Chris French, Leeds

There are but whether you really need them or not is another matter. Generally they are 2.4 metres up and out of harms way. If you look on www.tld-direct.co.uk you'll find a whole host of IP rated lights. I've just put 4 low voltage lights in shower cubicles and used standard flourescents elsewhere. In "our" bathroom low voltage halogens rule!
Tony
TLD Direct? Couldn't find anything at this site but also need to get some IP rated downlighters.

just

Think he meant www.tlc-direct.co.uk
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

some
well spotted
Thanks. Great site

just
IP rating refers to the sealed casing making them suitable for bathrooms?
Cheers, Rob.

However, IP rating might not be required, depending on the zone in which they are installed.
Christian.

Well two of them would probably be above the bath/shower and then other two at the other end of the bathroon. The bathroom is sealed (no windows) so can get pretty steamy.
Rob

You should be able to get IP64 rated units in your local electrical wholesaler. These are sealed units with a ceiling mounted base fitting and a cover that fits on like a bayonet connector to the base in the ceiling. The cover makes the fitting as water proof as can be expected and is suitable for bathrooms and external fitting under shop display boards and things.

and a
Thanks - will look for that rating.
Cheers, Rob.
Rob Nicholson wrote: