Sponge bath?

the best I have seen there.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Are you getting a commission?

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Har har har. And people say the Germans have no sense of humour.

Reply to
Lobster

Then you haven't seen the fabled "Dinner for One"

This is an ages old (40 years or so) sketch with Freddie Frinton and May Warden, with him as the butler and her as a forgetful old lady who insists on a certain pantomime of invisible people for her birthday dinner each year.

It was filmed by Norddeutscher Rundfunk in the 60s as being the archetypal British class-based slapstick humour.

It's shown on New Year's Eve every year on almost all TV channels, not only in Germany but over much of the rest of Europe outside the UK.

Germans tend to be quite shocked that most people in the UK have neither seen nor heard of it.

?v=TLsdc1krl6w

Reply to
Andy Hall

I saw it once, must have been mid-80s. Our teacher at the Goethe Institut was, as you say, quite shocked to discover that we not only had never heard of it but watched in puzzled silence.

Reply to
djc