SpliceLine In-Line Wire Connectors

Bought and used some of these yesterday.

Fantastic. Anyone want to buy a crimping tool and loads of crimps?

Pete

Hmmm., Wago has a competitor...

Reply to
Adrian C

Do they do an inline version which is as small (cross-section) as these?

They may well do - but I have never used.

Reply to
Pete

Seems Ideal also make wirenuts

Andy Burns

Picture 7 would be a "fail" - T+E sheath not entering backbox...

But yes, the splices look interesting.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Does entering by 1mm count? Metal boxes without grommets for good measure, 1970's builders eh?

Reply to
Andy Burns

CPCs hand twisted outside of the JB due to lazy sod having a 3-way to hand instead of walking 10 mins up the road to buy a 4 way!

On an aside, someone needs to make a bigger Wagobox - the small ones are a nice idea with their cable clamps and simple form - but they really are too tight to do anything "interesting".

Reply to
Tim Watts

+1, although it is useful now to have the "Light" version for small stuff.
Reply to
newshound

Yes, I've found that a time or two

They're OK for e.g. a straightforward lighting junction with

loop-in loop-out switch lamp

but if you have

strapper-to-switch2 loop-out2

they soon get too full.

These also seem a bit too inflexible considering they are designed as a lighting hub ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Are they disassemblable like Wago? I guess not, at least for the "flex".

Reply to
newshound

In order to use them in a 'maintenance free' capacity do they just require a suitable enclosure with strain reliefs?

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Just how often do you have to join mains cables?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am wondering how they claim 17th edition compliance?

Reply to
John Rumm

Basically, yes. Strain relief is optional if the cable is clipped or otherwise restrained close to the outside of the enclosure (think old style round JBs).

Reply to
Tim Watts

Are they considered 'maintenance free'?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The manufacturers claim they are[1] but, as John Rumm pointed out, the basis for that is as yet unclear. I've not yet seen the manufacturers state they are compliant with BS 5733 and marked with the MF symbol as the amended BS7671 requires.

[1]
Robin

Well the enclosure has little bearing on that - I was just supplying info relating to a generally acceptable enclosure (which they need).

The manufacturer claims they are maintenance free:

Tim Watts

Relevance?

If you only have to extend a cable in a socket box it would be 20 pence well spent. Or would you rather buy a crimping tool and try and get it in the box?

Reply to
Pete

I was meaning the old style junction box.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I already have a crimping tool and crimps. Which don't cost anything like

20p each and take up less space.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)