Speedfit technique

treble

u really are completely potty, aren't you?. go back to youre play doh and crayons, theirs a good chap.

shokka

Reply to
Shockwave

Wow all that from man with a name like Shokka. Gosh.

Reply to
IMM

Oh *I* don't, and anyone who likes can come round and check out my Record

15/22mm one. As to hiring a floorstander, I've not needed to do so for some time.

On 28mm. A bigger fool than I thought possible.

Keep digging the hole. Springs for 28mm, hacksaws for plastic. Perhaps you don't realise the laughing stock you're making of yourself?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No you don't. It is clear you haven't a clue.

Reply to
IMM

Of course. It's so easy to thread through holes in joists under floorboards.......

Reply to
Andy Hall

You notch the joists. As long as the notch is no more than 1/5th deep then fine. If the replaced floor board is screwed back then this adds rigidity.

Reply to
IMM

You can use just a copper bend and plastic pushfit fittings at either side of the bend.

Reply to
IMM

More use for the hacksaw?

Anyone who knows anything about pipework would agree the fewer joints the better. But then you obviously know nothing about pipework.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

LOL! Just bend it the other way as you take it off the coil, you don't need the strength of Atlas :)

If using a lot of it, it should be fairly easy to make up a jig for doing this out of some narrow rollers and a couple of bits of board..

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

For a domestic floor, you would be outside of the building control guidance figures if you do....

Notches can be a maximum of 1/8th of the joists depth (or 32mm whichever is smaller), and may only occur within the first or last quarter of the total span.

So with a 200mm joist you can notch for 22mm pipe but not 28mm pipe.

If you drill a hole on the centre line of the joist then you can go up to 1/4 of he joist depth.

With chipboard flooring that will add all the structural integrity of a wheetabix....

Reply to
John Rumm

Is there any preference between straight cut ( |_| ) or 'U' shape notches ?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Hacksaws have been known to cut copper pipe. Duh!

Reply to
IMM

Makes no difference.

Reply to
IMM

I think you've lost the plot. The question was about plastic.

Reply to
Andy Hall

What on earth for?

The whole thing can be done perfectly well in plastic as long as you read the instructions and use the right tools.

I saw some pipecutters today at £5. Would you like me to buy you one for Christmas?

Reply to
Andy Hall

So has an axe !...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

In message , Andy Hall writes

Or sure for tighter bends, but for general running of flexible plastic pipe (well Hep2O, which is my experience) there is no need for internal springs etc.

Reply to
chris French

BigWallop

Best use the unipipe plastic system. When bent it stays there.

Reply to
IMM

So you've not got a proper copper tube cutter either? Is there no end to your meanness? Or would you like it explained how to use one?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Straight is simplest to cut, so you may as well go for that.

Reply to
John Rumm