Speedfit technique

And laugh once more at the incredible fuckwitted hacksaw wielding man.

Reply to
Steve Firth

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:19:29 -0000, "IMM" strung together this:

I never said I worked hard, just that there had been a hard day, and I was at work, which today involved no hard work, just a bit of patching in and programming extensions on a Meridian. (And I didn't chew the ends of the cables off with my teeth).

Reply to
Lurch

In message , BigWallop writes

Since the OP mentions Speedfit, I think it's safe to assume he means Speedfit plastic pipe, and was just asking about how easy it is to bend the plastic pipe in that sort of space.

Reply to
chris French

But even plastic pipe should be formed around an internal spring or outer form, that's unless you're making the pipe form its own natural bend which copper and pipe materials have. Plastic pipe will also kink if you try to take it past this natural limit.

Reply to
BigWallop

Which is why you can buy special formers to bend the pipe to its correct radius and keep it there.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

So tell me, what's wrong with a hacksaw and some insulation tape?

Reply to
raden

If you get the 25m reels of speedfit barrier pipe, then the usual problem is unbending the stuff!

Reply to
John Rumm

LOL Now that's very true. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Errr....I think he means Reg Prescott off the telly, the one man DIY disaster area!

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Nah, you forget that he's good at making complete c*ck-ups!

Harry (Mr)

Reply to
Mr Harry

acll?

Reply to
sPoNiX

My God! You have been taking Maxie lessons.

Reply to
IMM

I know. Appalling stuff

Reply to
IMM

Or best use copper pipe in the first place which stays bent when bent.

Reply to
IMM

More likely flattened if you follow your usual procedure of not using the correct tools...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you mean benders flatten the pipe? My, oh, my! Keep twiddling the bass and treble knobs, and leave proper work to others.

Reply to
IMM

I use a bender exclusively on copper tube. You, apparently, recommend a spring. What a fool. You really need to get some practical experience on pipework. Perhaps an evening class? Or even do some more reading.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh do read what has been said you little twerp.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Don't make things up.

Yep.

You know sweet FA about pipework, keeping twiddling the bass and treble knobs and admiring the shiny tools in the catalogues, not knowing hwat they do, and what! those yellow boots.

< snip tripe >
Reply to
IMM