Speedfit and shower pumps

I'm in the process of upgrading the downstairs bathroom and have bought a Salamander 2.25 bar pump which will also boost the hot supply to the kitchen which has had poor pressure since installing a new tap which I presume has a ceramic valve. The pump will be installed in the airing cupboard close to the HWC.
Anyway I'm digressing. To run some new pipework to the repositioned bath/shower valve I was considering Speedfit/Hep 2o etc. It will be easier to route around ceiling joists etc and should minimise joints, and bends will be smooth arcs etc. The pipework I will be connecting to with the Hep 2o is existing 15mm copper, not ideal but it will have to do.
Looking at the joints, the manufacturers recommend sleeves are used to support the pipe internally, I presume to stop it being crushed. Bearing in mind its only 15mm pipe, will these sleeves restrict to any great degree the flow rate?
To join the pipe to the existing copper I was considering the use of a full bore valve, such as a stopcock. I seem to think service valves etc will restrict flow? In this way I make the joint and also have a convenient way of shutting the supply off if needed. Should I be using brass compression valves or hep 2o variety to make the copper/Hep 2o pipe joints??
Whats best Speedfit or Hep2o ?
Justin

kitchen
in
the
full
Neither, Marley Equator or Osma Gold.
Justin wrote:

Yes, you must use inserts. If using plastic pipe to compression fittings, use either stailess (hep) or copper (cuprofit) inserts.

Stopcocks are rarely full bore. I suspect you mean a quarter turn ball valve?

Yes, they will.

Good plan.

Up to you. I use standard lever/ball valves.

Both very good systems. Very similar.

Phew - there's a relief.
--
Grunff

in
the
I see so you use different inserts if using compression joints on plastic pipes?
Do you think the inserts will restrict flow - thats my main concern givern its 15mm pipe?
Justin
Justin wrote:

Well, yes and no :-)
Each manufacturer has their own inserts. SpeedFit make plastic inserts with an O ring on the end - so you get a double O ring seal. Hep make SS inserts. Cuprofit make copper inserts.
The purpose of the insert is to prevent the pipe from bending/collapsing. It doesn't really matter which you use - they all do the same job. If using speedfit fittings, I usually use their plastic inserts with the extra O ring. But I have (and do) use the inserts interchangeably.
The plastic inserts have a thicker wall than the copper ones, and so will cause a greater restriction. The stainless ones have the thinnest walls of all. So if I were you, I'd use stainless inserts throughout, thereby achieving minimum restriction.
--
Grunff

great advice, thanks

plastic
That is an extra. the normal one does not have a double seal. the insert is plastic . Give them a miss.

in
the
full
You can use two 15-22 adaptors one each side of a 22mm service valve which has a bore that is close to 15mm.

in
the
No, they're very thin, provided you get the right type. (I use Hep2O for this).

full
Use a quarter turn lever ball valve. Compression are cheaper than pushfit.
i.e.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts 371&id343
Christian.