Special brick shapes

Can anyone identify the names of the brick shapes in the two rows of special bricks here, and/or suggest a source of spares (particularly in the case of the top row)? There are several further along which are broken and could do with replacing.

bottom row seem to be upside-down Plinth Stretchers, unless there's another name for them when used like this.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The Ibstock Special brick information does seem to call them plinth headers and stretchers (and shows them your way up for eaves/gables corbels), are the top row different coloured brick or stone, some sort of fancy plinth I suppose.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Second row: my old book calls them "strecher splay" and "header splay"

Top row: suggest a special moulding.

Don

Reply to
Donwill

They are also brick (clearer where they've broken). The facing bricks on the front wall (left hand side of the corner) are actually all bright red and quite soft, but this is masked by dirt. I presume the top row were a similar colour, but may have different level of dirt due to different method of manufacture and hence finish.

The other thought I had was to find some sort of solid brick (no holes) which is soft enough to machine to the right shape with an angle grinder and finish off with sandpaper. I'd need a square 9"x9" brick to start with though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

After I posted I did see some "scroll bricks" that might be a starting point.

's oddly fascinating browsing all the specials that are available.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah, that gave me a clue of more names to search for, and I have found a header version of it...

it's an Inverted Scroll Plinth. They don't do a strecher version, although I could probably make a couple of shortened headers work.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

They look like upside down Plinth Headers Specials Type PL.2

Two sizes exist in PL.2

PL.2.1 Length 215, width 102, height 65, edge height 9, length top face

159 (or underface the way you have them.

PL2.2 Length 215, width 102, height 65, edge height 23, length top face

173

In both cases the cant angle is 45 degree

Reply to
Rick Hughes

from
> So, it's an Inverted Scroll Plinth.

If you can find plain matching bricks, then any of the 'cut & stick' brick places will make one up for you.

Reply to
Rick Hughes