Sparky thing on gas hob

I have a horrible brown ATAG gas hob, model number GKC-421-OE. The igniter doesn't work and never has for us. Leccy is getting to the hob, but when I got Mr Screwdriver out to see what was inside the hob I didn't have much success. There's a small panel where the flex goes into the underside of the hob but when I remove that there isn't much space to see or do anything.

Generally speaking are sparkers repairable and are hobs take-to-bitsable?

Dougie

Reply to
Dougie Nisbet

high voltage stuff, but

cheaper to buy a

Is it mains powered? Ours has a small battery under the button which tends to get all messy when the cooker is cleaned and the springy electrode doesnt make good contact any more.

In principle most are repairable - they are usually partly potted for the high voltage stuff, but all the ones I've seen have the mains side accessible, however it may be cheaper to buy a replacement or scavenge one off a dead cooker.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

ATAG hobs are very take-to-bitsable! I have a nice s/s ATAG hob vintage circa 1986. I had no problem getting new parts for it last year. I needed a new lead, a couple of igniter heads and a rubber cover for the igniter press switch. A quick google found a spare parts supplier and I had my hob sparking at all burners withing a couple of days (try entering). My spark generator was ok, but I wanted to route a new lead into it as one of the leads had been arcing through a crack in its insulation.

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

ATAG hobs are very take-to-bitsable! I have a nice s/s ATAG hob vintage circa 1986. I had no problem getting new parts for it last year. I needed a new lead, a couple of igniter heads and a rubber cover for the igniter press switch. A quick google found a spare parts supplier and I had my hob sparking at all burners within a couple of days. My spark generator was ok, but I wanted to route a new lead into it as one of the leads had been arcing through a crack in its insulation.

Reply to
Jan Wysocki