Spares supplier for Delta tools in the UK

I have acquired an old Delta table saw that I am in the process of restoring to good working order. I have a feeling that the clamping block on the back end of the fence has broken. Looking at various spares lists this seems to be a common part they used on many many models and hence I expect is still available even if all trace of the model I have has vanished. Anyone know of a spares supplier in the UK that does Delta parts?

Reply to
John Rumm

You could try here

think Delta have pulled out of europe. You might be able to get one sent from the US either direct or through a helpful soul on a forum in the US. I don't know which model you have but I have a chinese copy of a delta Unisaw and that does not use a clamp on the far end of the fence. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I have a help request in on the US web site - so will see what they can offer.

The model is 60-7473 which according to t'internet does not seem to exist. However it is not unlike:

has a more ovoid cut out for the motor to poke out of - and an egg shaped casting to cover it, but otherwise is mostly the same with a three part cast table

Reply to
John Rumm

I did get a reply from the US:

"Dear John, we believe the following information addresses your inquiry.

The serial number provided, #60-7473, indicates that you may have the model 1450, manufactured January 1948. This machine does use the parts list that you located. The slide block should be in one piece and is still available for purchase in the US.

Porter-Cable and Delta products have been designed and approved for usage according to North American regulations. We do not ship outside of the US. Regretfully, I am unaware of a parts distributor that can ship internationally.

The Ireland entities of Black & Decker or DeWalt may not be able to help you with this query, however you may contact them directly at:

353-1-2781800.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. If your question remains unresolved or if you require additional information please update this incident.

Sincerely,"

So the bit is available if I can find a way of getting one ordered.

Reply to
John Rumm

Get it sent to a friend/relative in the US and get them to send it here?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Might come to that - slight problem is that I can't immediately think of any contacts over there...

I got a reply from the place Bob suggested saying "I am sorry to inform you the part you are enquiring about is no longer avalible or we are unable to supply.

Please note some chinese sourced machines have no spares coverage at all."

Which sounded like a cop out answer really. But I have emailed back pointing out it is a genuine Delta and the part is still made, and asked if they could order it.

I will experiment and see if I can make a fix of some sort for it. Its not really a critical component and basically still works but just stops the fence moving as smoothly as it should.

Reply to
John Rumm

Cue one of those who posts here?

Reply to