Spare shed roof materials

Impetuously I bought roofing material to redo my 12' x 12' shed. 4 x 2's, 8 x 4 1/2" sheets, felt, glue. But I think the shed is likely to be beyond repair. I'm likely to just buy a new 10x8. Installed likely to cost less than repairing the existing shed so I'll end up with this material spare. Any realistic bright ideas?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Second layer of felt on the "new" shed roof, and use the plywood to line it, together with insulation?

Build a "lean-to" on the back of the shed to provide covered storage for Mower, Cement Mixer, Scaffold Tower or whatever other man toys you have?

Reply to
newshound

Good point. Roofing materials seem to be the achilles heel of most sheds. And floors are the other achilles heel (seems only fair to have two of them).

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Store it in the new shed.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It's obvious - you're a fair chunk of the way to building a new 12x12 as well! There's no such thing as too many sheds!

Reply to
PeterC

When my bought shed finally fails (I expect this to happen every year) I simply intend to build a new one around the outside of it with proper timber, rather than the cardboard it's currently constructed with.

Reply to
Piers

Or sell the materials on gumtree.

Reply to